How to Use Email Marketing and CRM Together
By Tanya Douglas Posted May 22, 2022
Emails are a powerful asset in any marketing campaign, and they can be used to generate leads and boost sales. However, when you are in the middle of a large-scale campaign, you will hardly have the time to do everything by hand. Thankfully, numerous digital tools are available that can help you stay on top of things. One of the most popular and efficient solutions is implementing Customer Relationship Management software. Let’s take a look at how to use email marketing and CRM together to achieve incredible results.
What is CRM?
CRM stands for Customer Relationship Management, and it represents a set of software tools that can help you with all of your customer interactions. This makes communicating with current and prospective clients fast, streamlined, and reliable. Larger companies can easily have hundreds and thousands of customers, and keeping track of their individual information can quickly become an almost impossible task. On the other hand, customers will often expect immediate updates regarding their individual orders. We understand how common yet complex these situations can be, and for this reason, Findjoo develops solutions that will help you manage the customer experience.
Most businesses will need to find a way to organize and improve their customer relations to stay competitive. However, large companies can sometimes suffer from the fact that separate departments don’t always have all of the customer information readily available. This is especially pronounced with sales and marketing teams, which can be helped by using CRM software.
Over the last several years, the modern workspace has gone through an incredible transformation. Businesses have gone from a centralized office environment to hybrid or remote work models. Just as companies have grown and evolved, so have the software tools that are used to support them. We offer our clients online CRM membership management software to help support your organizational structure, regardless of whether it’s localized or international.
How to use email marketing and CRM together
Most of the vital communication between you and your clients will go through emails. This is the best way to share important files while leaving a digital paper trail that you can later reference. Clients will also subscribe to your services with their emails, and they can use them to verify their accounts. These features make email marketing irreplaceable for any modern company that wants to have an online presence.
Here is how CRM can benefit your email marketing campaigns:
- Improve the productivity of the marketing and sales teams. Employees in your marketing team will monitor the performance of your campaign and the effectiveness of the ads you run. Sales representatives are the ones who communicate with clients. Therefore, it’s logical that CRM will benefit these teams the most.
- Organize contacts. CRM will help you keep track of large numbers of contacts. You will be able to organize your contacts by the target demographic, level of engagement, and shopping preferences.
- Set reminders. Ensure that you never forget the important dates you have set with your clients.
- Generate reports. With CRM software, you can create custom reports with only the relevant information included.
- Automationcan take over specific tasks. Speed up or fully automate mundane activities.
- Share information between teams. Your teams can have real-time access to all relevant customer information.
How CRM helps your marketing team
You will need to have a way to track how your email marketing is performing. Thankfully, CRM software can give you detailed insights, but it can also provide additional benefits to your marketers:
- Make adjustments based on engagement. Email tracking can give you engagement information. You will be able to know the open rate and how customers are responding to your messages
- Analyze and test different approaches. Email marketing is perfect for testing multiple marketing strategies. Know which copies are performing better, and then adjust your campaign.
- Personalize your marketing. You can separate leads into appropriate categories and use CRM software to send individualized messages. Our CRM lets you create up to 30 different fields and make detailed user profiles. Lead segmentation will allow for accurate marketing and will lead to more sales.
- Streamline and speed up sending emails. Use automation or templates to quickly compose customizable emails which you can quickly send to a large audience.
- Connect to other marketing channels. CRM can integrate with your email platform and give you insights from various platforms.
How CRM helps your sales team
Sales representatives are actually the ones who will directly interact with your customers. Once the marketing team has generated leads, it is up to the sales reps to nurture leads and close sales. Here’s how to use email marketing and CRM together to boost the effectiveness of your sales team:
- Identify bottlenecks in your sales pipeline. It’s quite possible that customers get stuck in the same places. Experts from moverstech.com advise that you use CRM software to monitor the progress of leads. Knowing when and why leads lose interest in a purchase can help you improve your customer experience.
- Follow up on leads. CRM can notify your sales representatives about leads close to making a purchase. Those prospective customers should be given the most attention.
- Free up time for your employees. CRM-enabled automation can give your sales representatives more time to do what they do best. Directly interacting with customers can lead to more closed sales. Sales reps will have more time to handle customer issues and to help leads progress through the sales funnel.
Through the use of powerful software tools, you will be able to make sure that your customers have a positive shopping experience and that all of their needs are met. We’ve explained how to use email marketing and CRM together to gain extensive customer information and offer each of your customers a personalized experience. Strengthen your relationship with customers and improve your bottom line by implementing CRM software. There’s almost nothing more important than keeping your prospective customers engaged with your business, leading to more sales and a better customer experience.